Last updated: 09/10/2019
Thanks very much for visiting beyondthewoods.co.uk (our 'Website'), the official website of Beyond The Woods Festival.
Information might we collect about you directly
If you have chosen to sign up to any of our email newsletters, we will collect your firstname, surname and email address. You can choose to unsubscribe from any email newsletters to which you are subscribed by following the instructions contained within the email, or by contacting us on the details listed above.
If you make a purchase with us, we'll collect the information we require in order to provide you with the goods or services you have requested.
- Were you to order any festival merchandise, we'd require your name, email address, address and payment details in order to process your purchase and deliver your order. Without this information, we would not be able to provide the goods you have ordered
- Where purchases are restricted, for example by age or address, we may ask you to provide evidence that you qualify for the product you have ordered. If you have ordered an adult festival ticket, we may ask to see proof of age (eg your passport, or driving licence) in order to prove that you are aged 18 or over.
- We are absolutely committed to making sure that our Events are as accessible as possible. If you have access requirements, for example, we may need to ask you for sensitive information, such as information about your physical health.
If we run a competition on our Website, or social media profiles, we will collect any information we'd require to deliver your prize in the event that your entry is successful.
Information we might collect indirectly
If you contact us through this Website, through our social media profiles, via email, via post or by phone, we may keep a record of your correspondence with us.
We might collect information about how you react to the emails we send to you, for example how many times you open the email or if you engage with its content (for instance, by clicking on any links within it).
We might collect information relating to any social media posts or comments you share online about us or our Events that are in the public domain (for instance, if you leave a review about our Event on a third-party social media site like Facebook). If you leave a comment or review on one of our social media profiles, we may use this information to respond to your posts. We may also use this information in relation to our marketing of the festival. For example, we might display your comment on our Website. We are not in control of these third-party platforms and you should refer their privacy notices if you want to know more about how they use the information you share online.
Some pages on our Website may collect anonymised usage data to help us create a better overall experience for you and other users. For example, our Useful Information page might monitor which frequently asked questions are most viewed, to help us better communicate with you on the most-queried subjects. Information gathered in this way will be collected entirely anonymously, and there will be no way for us to trace any data back to you.
Information we'll receive from third parties
We will require information from third party partners so that we are able to deliver the goods or services you have requested. For instance, we will receive details from our ticketing partners so that we can provide you with access to the Events you bought tickets for. We use third-party companies to manage our payment systems, and they might collect information directly from you on our behalf.
We might receive information about you from other third parties where you have agreed to them sharing your information with us for specific purposes (such as marketing).
What will we use your information for?
- To provide you with access to the Event(s) for which you have purchased tickets
- To manage entry to our Events, and verify the age and identity of people attending
- To provide you with customer services, or essential updates on Events which you are booked to attend
- To monitor our Events for health and safety purposes
- To make sure that the content on our Website is being presented to you in the most effective manner
- To carry out anonymised research into how attendees are engaging with our Events, products and services
- For marketing purposes, either via email or on our social media channels. Of course, you are able to opt out of any or all marketing communications whenever you choose
- We might use the information we hold to enforce our legal rights, or protect the rights, property or safety of volunteers, employees or third-party partners
Who else will we share that information with?
- Our selected third-party partners, where it is necessary so that we are able to stage our Events
- Advertisers/advertising networks, so that they can serve you adverts about our Events
- Any other third party where you have indicated that you are happy for us to share your information for marketing purposes
- Prospective sellers or buyers of any business or assets, where we need to provide information about the people who attend or engage with our events, or use our products or services
How your information will be stored
We will store your information securely, using technological measures to prevent unauthorised external access, and internal data protection measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful internal use of your information.
We'll keep hold of your information for as long as is necessary in order to provide you with the service(s) you have requested from us, to market our Events or services to you (if applicable), to enforce or defend our legal rights, or in accordance with any legal obligations to which we may be subject
Your rights and choices over your data
You have the right:
- To ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes, by contacting us, or using the means outlined in any marketing communications which you might receive
- To request access to the information that we hold about you
- To ask us to correct any information we hold about you which you believe to be incorrect
How to contact us
You may contact us using the form available at beyondthewoods.co.uk/contact.